Day of Treatment
Day of Treatment:
On the treatment day, it is recommended that no make-up is worn on the treatment area.
A numbing agent is applied and left to take effect for up to 30 minutes. When the treatment area is sufficiently numb, the session begins with multiple connections of the fibroblast tip, spaced closely together. You may feel some heat in the treatment area, which may be uncomfortable and slightly irritating. Treatment time is usually between 20-40 minutes, depending on the size of the area.
Immediately after treatment the area may be red and mildly swollen with small carbon crusts (spots). You may experience a sensation similar to a sun burn which will likely last a few hours. Swelling may intensify over the following few hours and more so when eyes are treated and may last 2-3 days. The carbon crusts will lift within 5 -12 days depending on the individual and area treated. Results gradually improve over the course of the following 8 weeks.
Following the treatment, you will be given thorough aftercare instructions to ensure that you see the best results. In the week following the treatment (or until the treatment area has fully healed) an exfoliating wash or cleanser should not be used.
- Avoid any kind of tanning (Spray tanning, tanning injections, sun tanning and tanning beds) for 4 weeks before your treatment. Ideally, you should try to use SPF5O to prep your skin for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment, especially if you are naturally darker skinned. You may even wish to consider using a natural Tyrosinase Inhibitor to helps ensure there is no overproduction of pigment in the skin aka hyperpigmentation. Here are some of my recommendations
- https://amzn.to/2Wg4QNM --
- Avoid any other type of procedures on the same area which you intend to have treated with Plasma Pen, such as laser therapy, chemical peels, Botox, fillers, as this may prevent your treatment being performed by your technician at the time you want it.
- No facial acids (Retin A, salicylic, glycolic) 14 days before or 21 days after Plasma Pen.
- No Botox or fillers 21 days before or after Plasma Pen.
- No Micro needling/PRP 21 days before or after Plasma Pen.
- No laser or peels (depending on intensity of peel) for 90 days before or after Plasma Pen.
- Surgical procedures like face lifts you must wait at least 9 months postop/before Plasma Pen.
- Skincare products with ingredients such as retinols, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), tretinoin or any type of Vitamin A derivatives should be avoided (30 days prior).
- Refrain from consuming coffee and energy drink the day of your appointment.
Clients who have experienced a cold sore in or around the mouth MUST take Valtrex at least 3 days prior and 3 days after receiving this treatment. Failure to follow these instructions can risk an outbreak that can affect the healing process.